mood On Active Health | The benefits of wearing a good sports bra
At mood apparel we understand the importance of versatile clothing and, as a lifestyle brand, it is imperative for us to ensure that the quality of the garments that we design are always on the luxury side of sports fashion, even if we do have a more mainstream price tag.
Sports bras are at the top of our quality check list especially as we designed our bras to be multi-functional and to be worn for any type of movement. So whether it's a marathon or a festival that you're attending, we've got your back....and front!
mood apparel: teal set (featuring our teal bra)
Research into the area of sports bras and breast biomechanics is a relatively new field however in the last decade more and more research is being carried out to highlight the importance of wearing a good sports bra and what exactly comprises a good fit and level of support. The lack of muscle in the breast results in breast motion during exercise, this can then lead to:
- Exercise related breast pain
- Forces acting on the body which can affect sports performance
- Breast ptosis (sagging)
- Psychological anxiety and insecurity
We try to emphasise the importance of each individual finding a sports bra that is both comfortable and supportive for their own shape and purpose. At mood, we don't want any of the above for our customers. We want to be a technically trustworthy brand that is proven to promote a healthy body image.
There are 3 different types of sports bras: compression, encapsulation and combination.
- Compression bras – compress the breast tissue towards the chest wall which decreases the force acting through the breast.
- Encapsulation bras – on the other hand separate the breasts which results in the mass being halved as they move independently.
- Combination bras – as the name suggests, use a combination of compression and encapsulation; moulded cups provide the encapsulation combined with a compressive layer. This does not make it twice as supportive as the others; they all work as effectively as each other but in different ways.
Our sports bras are combination bras, with removable pads that can be moved within the lining to give varied support or removed completely if needed. Made with flat seams and bias binding that eliminate rubbing, breathable support material in the shoulder straps and a wider elastic support under the breasts. We also designed them in a four-way stretch material that stretches and recovers on the cross and lengthwise grains.
If you're looking for your perfect sports bra in beautiful pastel shades for a versatile active llifestyle then try mood apparel. Our bras are only £30 and match our gym shorts and sports leggings.
We love hearing your feedback so if you've recently purchased one of our bras let us know. You can find us on Instagram: @mood_apparellondon or email firstname.lastname@example.org